It feels like an incredible amount has happened since the last update just five days ago. I have batteries. The car is stripped again. And most of the welding and fabrication is complete. Battery wrangles So, I couldn’t quite let the well-priced battery pack on Facebook go. So the morning my gazumper was due to collect, I messaged the seller and offered him 50% more. … Continue reading The home straight?
The project progresses apace…or at least it was progressing. Now hitting the limits of what I can do without some batteries. But here is where we’re at: Engine Bay Tetris With the engine mounted, we could start working out where everything else goes. Through a process of trial and error, and lots of tack welding, we got the inverter and the high voltage junction box … Continue reading Batteries, batteries, batteries
Right, refreshed after a week off and time for a bit of an update. Test-fit After the last update I did indeed get the motor and gearbox into the car where they remain now. It wasn’t as hard as I expected and it all slotted in beautifully as you can see from the pics below. A bit of 2×4 was used to level it up … Continue reading Engine mounts and more
Another week or so of big progress. Tomorrow (sore muscles permitting) I will test fit the motor and gearbox for the first time. Adaptor Plate Over the last week my daughter and I have measured and drilled the holes in the two halves of the adaptor plate (marking them out with a transfer punch), bolted them up to the motor and gearbox respectively, welded on … Continue reading Making the adaptor plate